Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Climate change

ecofin

ecofin

Algeria

What do you think about the climate change?

From year to year the climate is changing.

How could the planet resist to these change?

08:33 PM Aug 01 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

spontan

spontan

Germany

yes the climate is changing! i have seen on the island Sardinia in Italy one camel! maybe the camel could not bear the heat in the desert Sahara and was looking for a better climate

08:04 PM Aug 03 2009 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

don't worry about them spontano they can handle it lol 

it is just getting so hot here :S ..

09:01 PM Aug 03 2009 |

annevero

annevero

Belgium

The terrible in climate changes is that the ones who suffer from it are not the ones who cause it.

I've seen a documentary about an island who is disappearing because of the rise of water. But the people who are living there have no electricity, no car,... so they don't cause the climate changes at all!

09:13 PM Aug 03 2009 |

ecofin

ecofin

Algeria

Yeah. You are right annevero, that what's happening

09:24 PM Aug 03 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

04:51 PM Aug 04 2009 |

ecofin

ecofin

Algeria

Funny photo

04:57 PM Aug 04 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I believe the climate change is a cyclic event. But now, men have accelerated the course of Nature.

In Mexico, hot weather is terrible mostly on the north reaching temperatures record in some cities. Those temperatures have helped the swine flu and dengue (kind of malaria infected by a mosquito bite) to keep going around the country. Wildfires, lakes getting dried, land subsidence, waves of 3 meters at the Pacific ocean have happened. We have had a really quiet hurricane season, but there are expected some of them of category 5 (the most dangeours in the Saffir Simpson table).

05:20 PM Aug 04 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

yes it is funny,but i think our politician act like these guys and like noah with his ark….

i have change my oil heating system in a solar heating supported with a modern wood gasifier where i can efficient use self grown wood….

but what shall i do with my cappuccino i like so much???

to grow coffee waste a lot of water till i can make my cappuccino the coffee bean waste energy by transport to germany by roasting by making…oh and the cows which give me the milk are also polluting with methane and milk transport…Frown 

i guess,the growing mankind is the biggest problem  by climate change

05:30 PM Aug 04 2009 |

ecofin

ecofin

Algeria

Yes,  that's true spontan

05:43 PM Aug 04 2009 |

ecofin

ecofin

Algeria

The same is happening here Sawdestination, the weather have changed a lot from years ago 

05:44 PM Aug 04 2009 |