Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Georgia VS S. Osetia

k_milerl

Russian Federation

What are you think about it?

06:09 PM Aug 09 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

N1col@y

N1col@y

Russian Federation

I think it is genocide Osetia people!!! During the two days Georgia Army killed 2000 inhabitants of the Osetia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07:49 PM Aug 09 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

It seems like a power play by the Russians to me. They've been actively helping separatists in Georgia and now using them as an excuse to attempt to retake all of Georgia. The world is focused on the Olympics and likely both the Georgians and Russians thought it was good timing.

08:28 PM Aug 09 2008 |

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

my advice for n1col@y : don't listen only news given by Russians,they are pretty biased,believe me.

09:08 PM Aug 09 2008 |

Turnedo

Turnedo

Spain

Imho one thing is for sure, innocent people always lose in this kind of conflicts…

10:09 PM Aug 09 2008 |

k_milerl

Russian Federation

I usually try to find information from different sources. It means that I use BBC, CNN, UsaToday, and other information portals. Not only russian news. But american and european mass media report only the point of view of Saakashvili. He speaks with his own people (I mean Georgians) in English! There're only 10% of citizens who understand English in Georgia. I want to ask Mr. Saakashvili: "Who are you speaking with now?" It (appeal of Saakashvili) seem to me as a bad joke and I think that he is a grand-stand player.

11:03 AM Aug 10 2008 |

my_high_IQ

my_high_IQ

Azerbaijan

He speaks with his own people (I mean Georgians) in English!

It's a phenomenon of small nations to speak in a language of the mighty of this world!!!Of course Russian officials would like Georgians to speak russian…..

11:27 AM Aug 10 2008 |

N1col@y

N1col@y

Russian Federation

Georgian’s sharpshooters don’t let to bring out casualties from Shenvali. and to shoot women with children but BBC, CNN, and other west information portals report  that it is domestic affairs of a country.  I hope that our army to help  S.Ossetia well be independent country!

02:17 PM Aug 10 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

progression, of course this violence is the fault of the US. Isn't all violence around the world because of US provocation?

Do you honestly think that Russia only cares about controlling S. Ossetia or really wants to reassert control over all of Georgia (as well as the rest of the former Soviet Union)?

kmilerl, I have seen President Saakashvili and different Russian officials on CNN or the BBC a number of times now as well. They are speaking to American or British reporters an indirectly to their viewers of course they address them in English. I can't imagine why President S would speak to his own people in English.

02:26 PM Aug 10 2008 |

mafao

Russian Federation

Because Saakashvili is not the Georgian president, President of Georgia in US Embassy. 

07:27 PM Aug 10 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Because Saakashvili is not the Georgian president,

Who is, then?

07:34 PM Aug 10 2008 |