Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Inner beauty or outside appearance?

kinski

kinski

Turkey

As for me I never judge people on appearance. I try to learn the person from within. And if it is fine inside externally it will seems to me attractive too  (probably, it has reminded to some a film " Shallow Hal ":). Only I don’t need for it to enter into a hypnotic condition ;)).  

So, what is more important for you – internal beauty or external? And whether you can push away the person only because it has not liked you externally?

Thanks

09:38 AM Sep 20 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

hi Kinski,

Thanks for your answer but I didn't ask this question only to you,I asked it to all.Because there are many people who say ''inner beuty is more important for me'' I guess They aren't a bit of honest,Because we are used to be liked by our feelings or nature sense to choose a good and nice one not only human this is a rule for everything.If you have a choice you prefer a good and nice one.For example you want to buy a thing there is a good and nice one and it is normal price the other one is not good and nice but that is so expencive.Which one do you choose?May be expencive one was made by Gucci,because of this you may choose it,and the other one was made by not known well firm but it is so nice and cheap.I would choose nice and cheap one.The most  important thing is to like from it at the first time.

Anyway,I mean If someone wants to go out a person who doesn't know before they can otomaticly choose the beautiful/handsome one.And I mean a person may has bath goodlooking and goodheart.

Take care.Be happy and healthy :)

01:22 PM Oct 03 2006 |

kinski

kinski

Turkey

I got it, Zeus. But I can give answer just from myself :).  

And anyway we speak about human beauty. It is not the same with inanimate things. Does it have inner beauty? Of course, if it is clothes or something else it is enough believe just your eyes.  

And you are right, of course, person can has bath of this beauty, I can’t deny it. This is a best gift from God :) 

Take care! Bye! Kinski

03:01 PM Oct 03 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

:) Beautiful woman is beautiful and handsome man is handsome!!Firstof all, when we see a person we think what a beautiful woman or man this is,then we think does he/she have  goodheart?I guess I could express myself to you about this subject.We have some naturel feeling towards to beautiful/handsome people or thing. :))

Please understand me I never said,inside beauty is not important ofcourse it is very important.But when we see a person first time her/his  beautiful/handsome  call our attention.Anyway this enough.Thanks.

06:17 PM Oct 03 2006 |

bigmama

bigmama

Spain

Hello dear Kinski Wink Hello friends,

I'm smiling while I'm writing these lines because I'm enjoying this post a lot.

I really understand  what you are trying to say.From my point of view you are all right.

Imagine many boxes gift-wrapped, very nice and colourful, we all have to choose one using our own criterion,our preferences. Ok, now we have the box in our hands, it's time to open them. Each person will find something inside the choosen box.

Some will be happy with what they have found inside. Others could be dissapointed. Others may need time to find something inside.

Maybe this graphic example can help us a little with the discussion.

I want to finish with a quotation by Saint-Exupery in his book "The Little Prince" It is only with the heart that one can see rightly ; the essential is invisible to the eye.

12:02 AM Oct 04 2006 |

yetianyue

China

I prefer inner beauty.But it is hard for me to do,often you will see their outside appearance first and then after you get along with each other  for some time ,you will find their inner beauty.

05:53 AM Oct 04 2006 |

kinski

kinski

Turkey

Hi, Bigmama! 

Glad to see you here, dear! Welcome! You gave a very good example, thanks. 

But actually nobody couldn’t completely get that I tried to tell in my first post.I’ll try again to repeat my thought. If you have seen that film I reminded about ("Shallow Hal") – you can clear understand what I mean. So, if I find beauty inside it makes the person beauty outside for me too. And doesn’t matter what was my opinion first time I saw him/her.  

Take care! Bye! Kinski

09:05 AM Oct 04 2006 |

angelrays

Philippines

bigmama and kinski , i agree with what you said..:-)

06:06 PM Oct 04 2006 |

bjoosta

bjoosta

Poland

Dear Kinski

yes, you are right, inner beauty is more important. Many people think like you, but… behave in another way. Why? Because of human nature, because of evolution. And theory of evolution helps me explain this point of view. The main mankind's aim is to extend our species. Living through many milions years in this world let us form universal patterns to choose ideal partner. Partner which has good genetic material. We know about it from others appearance. We dont have to think about it, its uwaware proces…We look at somebody's eyes, tooth, hair condition to judge his health the same like our ancestors, like all animals, like each living creature. Many nowadays beauty canons based on an assumption reffered to reproductive's capabilities.

But if we are so proud of being the most developed organisms, we should have control over our primitive instincts…

01:50 PM Oct 07 2006 |

Irida

Irida

Ukraine

Thanks Kinski for your good question.It was very interesting for me to read all the thoughts. It seems to me that there is true in every opinion. But I have a question to bjoosta. If you think that this low of evolution is so strong and we must control it. why so many not good-looking people are now? Why we can see plain people who are happy in love? Why there are handsome men and women who have not so beautiful boy- or girlfriends and are happy? Is it only control over the primitive instincts?

05:37 PM Oct 07 2006 |

bjoosta

bjoosta

Poland

To Irida:

fortunatelly no! It means that people's evolution still develops and that we arent mindless creatures. Only we have something special- the ability to think and ability to have feelings. But maybe some have it more and some have it less…

Greetings for you Irida 

06:33 PM Oct 07 2006 |