Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Sentences

Heffernan

Sweden

Hello to you guys  I have some sentences, where i have to find the wrong spellings and gramma. I have a hard time finding this, and hoped that you people would help me with it. I am a boy from Denmark, so it can be the wrong spellings are obvious, but i just can't find them? There are at least one wrong spelling in each sentence: 1) The missionaryes wanted to learn the natives all about religion 2) The good seats has already been taking , 3) The shop assistantwich she had not seen before, gave her many information 4) The two brothers' lived under the same roof all their lifes 5) The town have a historic discrict eich after my opinion is worth seeing 6) The show didn't made the audicence applaud 7) Several people past him without offer him help  Most woman both love and hate weakness in men 9) He looked at me with tearfully eyes 10) I love the nature and beeing outsit

03:53 PM May 21 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

<!-[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”جدول عادي”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]->

Hello Heffernan,

I corrected the grammatical and spelling mistakes, I hope I got it right (I didn't get the meaning of sentence number 5 and 10)

1) The missionaries wanted to teach the natives all about religion.

2) The good seats have already been taken.

3) The shop assistant who she had not seen before gave her a lot of information.

4) The two brothers lived under the same roof all their lives.

5) The town has a historic district each after my opinion is worth seeing.

6) The show didn't make the audience applaud.

7) Many people past him without offering help. 

8) Most women love and hate weakness in men.

9) He looked at me with tearful eyes.

10) I love nature and being outset.

05:18 PM May 21 2009 |

Maniasha

Maniasha

Russian Federation

2) The good seats have already been taken.

3) ....a lot of information.

05:40 PM May 21 2009 |

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

Thank you Maniasha

I have corrected the mistakes _

03:20 AM May 22 2009 |

joeEnglish

United States

Hefernan: 

Here is a bit more help:

5) The town has a historic district each after my opinion is worth seeing.

This doesn't work – try

5a) The town has a historic district which, in my opinion, is worth seeing.

10) I love nature and being outside.

03:04 PM May 22 2009 |